Court-Referred Community Service

The Court Referral Program is an alternative sentencing program utilized by court and probation in lieu of incarceration. Lower fines are assessed along with court-mandated community service.
NLACVC offers many opportunities where court-referred volunteers can complete their assigned community service.

Santa Clarita Location


Santa Clarita Courthouse
23747 West Valencia Boulevard, Room 12
Santa Clarita, CA 91355


(661) 286-0208 - phone
(661) 286-2363 - fax


Monday & Wednesday 8:30 AM -4:15 PM
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:30 AM - 12:15 PM

Last new registration taken no later than 4:00 PM

Closed for lunch from 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM on Mondays & Wednesdays

Lancaster Location


City of Lancaster Public Safety
44933 Fern Ave.
Lancaster, CA 93534


(661) 723-5861


Tuesday & Thursday 10:00 AM - 3:15 PM
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday CLOSED

Last new registration taken no later than 3:00 PM

Closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00 PM on Tuesday & Thursday

Commonly Asked Questions

Can I arrange my service over the phone?
No, you must register for court-referred community service in person.
Can I send someone else to sign-up for me
No, you must register for court-referred community service in person.
Do I need to bring my court papers?
Yes, HandsOn Santa Clarita requires picture identification along with court paperwork to proceed with the registration.
Do I have to pay a fee?
Fees may be paid with cash or credit card only and include: registration transfers, re-assignments, time sheet replacement. Full payment is required at the time of placement. For exact fees, please call (661) 286-0208.
Why do I have to pay a fee to the center to do my hours?
During sentencing, if you choose the option of completing community service instead of paying a fine or going to jail you will pay a smaller fee that offsets the cost of processing your case at HandsOn Santa Clarita. It covers the time for the interview, monitoring, follow-up and reporting back to the courts.
Can I pick the place that I will go to complete my hours?
An interviewer will work with you to determine what community service placement satisfies the court order.
Can you give me an extension (more time) to complete my service/hours?
No, permission to extend the court deadline is only given by the court. If you need an extension, return to our courthouse office and ask for a progress report. Take that report to the court to request an extension.
I finished my hours. What do I do?
When you complete your assigned community service hours, report in person to the Santa Clarita Courthouse, Room 12 with your completed original time sheet (do not fax or mail). You will be given proof of completion that must be submitted to the court verifying completed hours.